Wednesday 28 January 2015

What's Cooking This Week?

From Left to Right.

I am trying to cut down on the oil so instead of frying, I did steam the eggplant for this Italian freestyle Caprese Salad. Steaming veggies really makes them super tasty!! This salad has it all, great colors, great taste, and great textures!


Nam Priks are a kind of Thai dipping sauces and some of them can be veganized with good results. This is a Nam Prik Ong vegan version. Instead of grounded pork I use grounded fried tofu. Basically you fry crumbled tofu with crumbled tomatoes and put some spices like whatever you want, garlic, onion, (I leave out the chilli peppers, not a big fan of them..) and finally put it in the blender.
Nam Priks are typically served with raw veggies.

Steamed slices of long eggplant topped with a carrot salad.

I recently discovered that not cutting corners when it comes to cooking Japanese rice, the result is a Perfectly Cooked delicious and fluffy white rice.
The salad is simply left over greens plus fresh herbs (celery, lettuce, mint, etc) from the fridge with a few drops of sunflower oil and toasted sesame seeds. Fresh and tasty!
The tofu sticks are just awesome and remind me of the fish sticks that I ate when I was a child. Marinate tofu sticks for half an hour in a mixture of soy sauce, a squeeze of mustard, and toasted sesame seeds or sesame oil, next, roll them in bread crumbs (from the supermarket), and finally fry them in oil. The whole family loves them !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment